How to Apply Porcelain Veneers
Beverly Hills & Los Angeles, California
Most people have slight imperfections in their teeth that they would love to have fixed. Porcelain veneers are one cosmetic dentistry option that can improve your smile in a fairly simple and painless way.
Porcelain veneers are wafer-thin (.3 to .5mm) shells of porcelain that Dr. Sands chemically bonds over your natural teeth. Best known as a whitening treatment, porcelain veneers can address several dental issues, including:
stubborn stains and discoloration
- discolored fillings
- over spacing
- chipped teeth
- misshapen teeth
Because porcelain veneers can help straighten teeth, they may sometimes eliminate the need for larger-scale orthodontic work.
The consultation, molding, and bonding processes are designed to work with your natural teeth, making them over to achieve your ideal smile. You can choose to cover only one tooth, or completely remodel. Beverly Hills Cosmetic dentist Dr. Sands can also adjust the color of the porcelain to match the tint and translucency of your original teeth. Dr. Sands takes pride in customizing veneers to meet your aesthetic specifications. The shade of your new veneers will match not only that of your teeth, but that of your skin tone as well.
A Quick Transformation
The entire procedure usually takes three visits. Dr. Sands, can squeeze the treatment into two visits for their busy celebrity clientele-or for anybody. If necessary, he can complete the procedure in three days for clients in a hurry, while still maintaining superior quality and durability in his handicraft.
- During the first visit, you consult with your Dr. Sands to discuss your goals, the procedure, and what kinds of results you can expect. He prepares your teeth by buffing away a small fraction of your tooth enamel to make room for the porcelain veneers.
- A mold is taken of your teeth to ensure a custom fit. Dr. Sands maintains his own in-house laboratory for developing porcelain veneers.
- During the last visit, Dr. Sands bonds the porcelain dental veneersto your teeth using a special light.
- Whiter, brighter teeth
- Protection from future stains and enamel wear
- Protection from sensitivity
- A straighter more attractive smile
- Teeth that fit together like a glove
Patients from around the world seek out Dr. Sands and his staff's expertise, kindness and genuine concern for your dental health.
Click here to learn more about choosing a porcelain veneers dentist.
To learn more about how Beverly Hills porcelain veneers can strengthen your teeth and improve your smile, please contact our Beverly Hills porcelain veneers experts at Cosmetic Dentist Dr. Kevin Sands today to schedule your initial porcelain veneers consultation.