Porcelain Veneers Questions & Answers
Beverly Hills & Los Angeles, California
1. What are porcelain veneers?
Also known as dental veneers or tooth veneers, porcelain veneers are very thin shells of ceramic that are bonded to the front of your teeth. Porcelain veneers are commonly used to mask discolorations, brighten teeth, and improve your smile. Dr. Sands in Beverly Hills custom makes porcelain veneers in his own lab, taking into account the colors, angles, thicknesses and other variables unique to your teeth. Custom-made porcelain veneers ensure that each veneer is a perfect, natural fit.
2. How can porcelain veneers improve my smile?
Porcelain veneers can be used in a number of different ways. The most common uses are to:
- Repair minor tooth imperfections and defects
- Cover over and conceal fillings that have become stained or discolored
- Make color changes to teeth that have permanent stains
- Close the spaces between teeth
3. How long will porcelain veneers last?
In most cases, porcelain veneers will last for several years. However, it is important to remember that specific properties of your teeth, and specific elements of your lifestyle, may change the length of time that porcelain veneers last. Dr. Sands will address your specific needs during your initial consultation and can determine exactly how long porcelain veneers will last for you.
4. What are the advantages of porcelain veneers over other types of cosmetic dental bonding procedures?
Porcelain veneers are superior to other types of cosmetic dental bonding procedures in several ways:
- Veneers look very life-like
- Veneers are highly stain resistant
- Since porcelain is a ceramic, stain-producing products such as coffee, tea, and red wine will roll right off the surface of your teeth. This means after your porcelain veneers are placed, you don't have to worry about making changes to your lifestyle to accommodate your beautiful teeth.
5. How do I know if porcelain veneers are right for me?
If you desire a more beautiful and attractive smile and want to look younger and feel better about yourself, porcelain veneers may be right for you. In the instance where porcelain veneers cannot be used, such as on very weak or unhealthy teeth, Dr. Sands can recommend a fitting alternative.
6. How long does the fitting take and does it hurt?
Usually you will have to meet with cosmetic dentist Dr. Sands on at least two occasions; once for an initial consultation and once to have the procedure performed. The time spent with Dr. Sands varies widely depending on your unique needs. A local anesthetic is used and you will feel little to no pain.
7. What can I expect after the procedure is completed?
Expect a beautiful smile, a more youthful appearance and a more confident you. Once the procedure is complete, your porcelain veneers will feel just like your real teeth.
To schedule an initial consultation and discuss porcelain veneers with Dr. Sands, contact our Beverly Hills porcelain veneers specialist today.