Dr. Kevin Sands understands the important role maintaining healthy teeth and gums plays in your overall health and well-being. That is why he has made restorative dentistry a major focus of his practice. Restorative dentistry deals with repairing the functional structures of the mouth that are responsible for chewing, speaking, and maintaining a relaxed and aligned bite.
Whether you are visiting our Beverly Hills office for cosmetic dentistry services or for your regular dental checkup, Dr. Sands will carefully examine the condition of your teeth and gums to diagnose any potential issues which may need to be addressed. He will work closely with you to develop a treatment plan that rehabilitates your teeth and gums, making them both healthy and beautiful.
Problems Addressed by Restorative Dentistry
Restorative dentistry addresses a variety of oral health problems, including:
- Broken, chipped, or cracked teeth
- Missing teeth
- Infected teeth and/or gums
- Damaged teeth and/or gums
- Deteriorating or damaged tissue
Exceptional Restorative Dentistry Treatment
Dr. Kevin Sands has more than a decade of experience providing patients in the Beverly Hills and Los Angeles area with the restorative dentistry treatments necessary to maintain optimal levels of oral health. He offers a wide range of restorative procedures to address just about any problem you may experience – from replacement of missing teeth to treatment of severe gum disease.
Some of the most common restorative treatments performed by Dr. Sands include:
- Dental implants – Dental implants are the most effective solution to replace missing teeth. They are the only option that replaces both your missing tooth and root. When properly cared for, your dental implants should last a lifetime.
- Dental crowns – Dental crowns are commonly used to protect and strengthen severely damaged or decayed teeth.
- Full and partial dentures – If you are not a suitable candidate for dental implants, dentures can provide you with an effective replacement for your missing teeth. These removable devices are more comfortable and look more like your natural teeth than ever before.
- Dental bridges – Dental bridges are another great option to replace missing teeth. They work by “bridging” the space created by missing teeth. Your bridge will be anchored to two dental crowns that are placed on either side of your empty space.
- Root canal therapy – If the root or pulp of your tooth becomes infected, it can cause severe pain and eventually lead to tooth loss. Root canal therapy removes the infected pulp inside your tooth and seals the tooth in order to save it.
- Periodontal treatment – Dr. Sands offers surgical and nonsurgical treatment for all stages of gum disease, from gingivitis to advanced gum disease that threatens the health of your teeth. Your treatment plan will be customized based on the severity of your condition.
Please contact Dr. Kevin Sands today to schedule your restorative dentistry consultation. Dr. Sands serves patients in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles, California.