Dental implants are an excellent option if you are looking to replace one or more missing teeth. For patients who are ideal dental implant candidates, the restoration provides much better results than alternatives such as dentures or dental bridges.
This page will provide a brief overview of the many benefits of dental implants. To learn more, we recommend that you schedule a consultation with Dr. Kevin Sands at our Beverly Hills office.
Advantages of Dental Implants
There are many benefits to choosing dental implants as your tooth replacement option:
- Improved appearance – Dental implants look and feel like your natural teeth, ensuring they will blend in seamlessly with your smile.
- Durability – Dental implants fuse with your jawbone, making them the only permanent replacement option for missing teeth. With proper care, your dental implants should last a lifetime.
- Improved comfort – Since your dental implants are permanently rooted in place and function like your natural teeth, they eliminate the discomfort commonly associated with poorly-fitting dentures.
- Improved speech – Dentures tend to slip, creating speech problems such as mumbling or slurring of words. Dental implants avoid this issue, enabling you to speak clearly.
- Easier chewing and eating – Poorly-fitting dentures often make chewing very difficult, preventing you from eating many of your favorite foods. Since dental implants replace the root as well as the tooth, they function just like your natural teeth. This allows you to eat all of your favorite foods whenever you like.
- Convenience – Removable dentures are often uncomfortable and inconvenient. They are difficult to clean and require messy creams to hold them in place. Dental implants are fixed in place, eliminating many of the hassles associated with dentures. You can simply go about your day without worrying about your implants.
Oral Health Benefits of Dental Implants
Your dental implants will also result in vastly improved oral health compared with dentures and dental bridges. Dental implants are the only option that replaces both your missing tooth and root. This helps prevent additional bone loss that occurs without a replacement tooth root.
In addition, dental implants do not compromise the health and durability of adjacent teeth like dental bridges or dentures do. In order to accommodate the bridge, your adjacent teeth must be ground down slightly. Dentures use clasps that hook onto adjacent teeth, exerting pressure on these teeth that can cause them to loosen over time. Dental implants leave adjacent teeth intact, improving your long term oral health.
Please contact Dr. Kevin Sands today to schedule your dental implants consultation. Dr. Sands serves patients in Beverly Hills and Los Angeles, California.